Friday, April 16, 2004

Now I've found a good use for this. This is something I really want to remember.

Today I suspended my posting privileges on the Planet Baha'i boards, for three days, because I said something uncomplimentary about someone without at least one week of preparation.

Within a few hours, something wonderful happened. I had a complete paradigm shift. I realized that instead of trying to acclimate Baha'is to the ideas of all the people we're marginalizing, I need to work on reducing emotional abuse. I can build that around the Guidelines for Local Spiritual Assemblies on Domestic Violence, and on the Five Year Plan goal about awareness of social issues in the larger society.

Then I won't need to keep doing all these things that set off people's Covenant alarms.

Now I see rw's big mistake. Imagine trying to treat a domestic violence situation with mediation and conflict resolution.

No comments: