Tuesday, April 13, 2004

In the previous post, below, is a message I sent, called "Message in a bottle," to every Baha'i in my address book, and posted on a Planet Baha'i discussion board.

One of the people I wrote to sent me this, in response:

The blessings of Bahá'u'lláh are a shoreless sea, and even life everlasting is only a dewdrop therefrom. The waves of that sea are continually lapping against the hearts of the friends, and from those waves there come intimations of the spirit and ardent pulsings of the soul, until the heart giveth way, and willing or not, turneth humbly in prayer unto the Kingdom of the Lord. Wherefore do all ye can to disengage your inner selves, that ye may at every moment reflect new splendours from the Sun of Truth.

Ye live, all of you, within the heart of Abdu'l-Bahá, and with every breath do I turn my face toward the Threshold of Oneness and call down blessings upon you, each and all.


(Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 192)

No comments: